These are the basic rules we ask members to understand and agree to before joining. The full Union Rules are available to download here.
- You have the right to union representation with any work problem. Try to resolve any matter first. Follow any reasonable request from your union representative.
- When you leave your employer let us know. You can remain a member or become a supporter
- Members wishing to resign need to do so in writing. Union benefits are only for union members and will cease immediately if you resign from Unite.
- Fees are set by members and paid by deduction by your employer or by automatic bank payment.
- To keep fees down email, texts and online information are our main forms of communication. Information is also distributed at worksites.
- Your email and personal information will be used for union authorised purposes only.
- It is illegal for an employer to approach you to leave Unite. Let us know if that happens.
- Whatever the rules are, our guiding principle is that we deal with each other in good faith.