Unite has a vacancy for a permanent full time (part-time negotiable) Organiser in the Waikato/Bay of Plenty.
The successful applicant will primarily be recruiting and organising workers in the Fast Food sector but also in some other sectors that Unite represents, particularly Cinemas & Hotels.
We are looking for applicants with:
- A strong commitment to working people and the union movement.
- An ability to improve the quality of Unite members’ working lives.
- The skills to develop and support members and delegates in dealing with issues impacting on their working lives.
- The ability to directly recruit new union members and support delegate recruitment on worksites.
- Negotiation skills are an advantage, however training will be provided.
- Excellent communication, advocacy and leadership skills.
- Good computer and social media skills.
- An ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
- A current full driver’s licence (or significant progress towards a full licence).
- Skills and experience with migrant and/or young workers would be an advantage.
The full job description can be downloaded:
Please apply in writing (by email preferred), including a CV and contact details for up to three referees by 5pm Monday 12th June 2023. Applications and requests for more information can be sent to:
Phone 029 6951135
Fax: 09 846 9509
PO Box 41211, St Lukes, Auckland 1346