Unite needs a new permanent Organiser based in Christchurch
The successful applicant will primarily be recruiting and organising workers in the Fast Food sector but also in some other sectors that Unite represents, particularly Cinemas & Hotels.
We are requiring 20-30 hours a week (negotiable), but there may be opportunity to increase up to 40 hours in the future.
We are looking for applicants with:
- A strong commitment to working people and the union movement.
- An ability to improve the quality of Unite members’ working lives.
- The skills to develop and support members and delegates in dealing with issues impacting on their working lives.
- The ability to directly recruit new union members and support delegate recruitment on worksites.
- Negotiation skills are an advantage, however training will be provided.
- Excellent communication, advocacy and leadership skills.
- Good computer and social media skills.
- An ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
- A current full driver’s licence (or significant progress towards a full licence).
- Skills and experience with migrant and/or young workers would be an advantage.
For more the full job description click here.
Please apply in writing (by email preferred) before 5pm Sunday 12th March 2023. including a CV and contact details for up to three referees. Applications and requests for more information can be sent to:
Phone 029 6951135