Unite Union Organisers
Unite has a vacancy for two full-time organisers:
a) A one year fixed term organising position based in either Rotorua or Hamilton
The position will organise in the Central North Island region (including Waikato, Bay of Plenty and Gisborne) and will be based within Hamilton or Rotorua , depending on the successful applicant.
b) A full-time permanent position based in Auckland.
Both positions will primarily be recruiting and organising workers in the Fast Food sector, although both positions will also involve organising work in the other sectors that Unite represents.
We are looking for people with:
- A strong commitment to working people and the union movement.
- An ability to improve the quality of Unite members’ working lives.
- The skills to develop and support members and delegates in dealing with issues impacting on their working lives.
- The ability to directly recruit new union members and support delegate recruitment on worksites.
- Negotiation skills are an advantage, however training will be provided.
- Excellent communication, advocacy and leadership skills.
- Good computer and social media skills.
- An ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
- A current full driver’s licence.
- A reliable vehicle available for work use (financial assistance may be available for the purchase of a suitable vehicle).
Terms and conditions are offered in accordance with the Unite Staff Collective Employment Agreement.
Please apply in writing, including a CV and contact details for up to three referees.
Applications and requests for more information can be sent to:
Phone 021 02940345
Fax: 09 846 9509
PO Box 7175, Wellesley St, Auckland 1141
Applications close 5pm on Wednesday 27th May 2015.