WELCOME FROM SEA-UNITE
Congratulations on your new job at SkyCity.
Unite Union is a modern, 21st century organisation of workers. Our mission is to lift wages, improve conditions and win respect for workers across New Zealand. We have helped improve the rights of ALL worker through legal changes like:
- Ending zero hour contracts
- Ending youth rates
- Winning a Pathways to Residency for migrant workers
The SkyCity Employees Association (SEA-Unite), our SkyCity branch, is the largest union at SkyCity with over 600 members
We have a proud history at SkyCity in negotiating improvements in wages and conditions and protecting workers when their rights are threatened.
Among the many improvements we have negotiated are:
- Pay rises every year that are nearly always above inflation
- Time and a half for overtime
- A union only payment of $125 paid each quarter until December 2023
- Improved redundancy pay
- Cheap meals and car parking
- Guaranteed minimum hours for part time staff that can be improved to suit the workers needs.
If you have an issue at work, SEA-Unite members can get advice or legal support to uphold your rights. Where there is a dispute, or you’re in trouble with the company, the union can provide representation for meetings with management.
Where we have more members, we are able to win better employment agreements. It’s important that not only you become a member, but make sure your workmates sign up too!
|Ph: 0800 286483||★ www.unite.org.nz ★||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Learn more about SEA-Unite at SkyCity|